In order to commend exemplary use of Agile methods in San Diego, Agile San Diego is inaugurating two awards to recognize a team’s and an individual’s excellence. Winners will receive trophies, and will be listed on a perpetual plaque that will reside at our meeting place. The submission window for both awards closes on April 30th.
The Agile San Diego Team Excellence Award will be awarded to a local team that is running a successful business using a truly Agile philosophy. To nominate a team for the Agile San Diego Team Excellence Award, submit a completed nomination form. Write a short paragraph about your methods in each of the categories; Business Value, Culture, Customer & Technical.
The Agilist of the Year award recognizes an influential individual that has made an impact on our community in the past year. To submit a nomination (for yourself or someone else), please describe the individual’s contribution to the San Diego Agile community and why you find it to be important. Possible reasons a person may be nominated include, but are not limited to, spreading Agile ideas/philosophy, guiding/growing the local community, educating others in Agile-related topics, and advocating Agile practices. Submissions can be as short as a few sentences and should not exceed 1,000 words.
The winning team and individual will be featured at our May meeting. Email nominations to email@example.com
- All entrants must be residents of San Diego County for the year they are nominated.
- Entries should be based on experiences that occurred between January 1st and December 31st of the previous year.
- The nomination period will be from April 1st – 30th 2011.
- Self-nomination is allowed for both awards.
- The Agilist of the Year award cannot be given to a member of the Team Excellence award.
- Entrants need not need be associated with Agile San Diego.
- Award Committee members are not eligible to enter.
- Entrants for the team award will be judged in 4 categories; Business Value, Culture, Customer & Technical.
2010 Agilist of the Year: no winner
2011 Agilist of the Year: Alline Oliveira