In order to commend exemplary use of Agile methods in San Diego, Agile San Diego is presenting two awards to recognize a team’s and an individual’s excellence. Winners will receive trophies, and will be listed on a perpetual plaque that will reside at our meeting place. The submission window for both awards closes on May 31st 2016.
The Agile San Diego Team Excellence Award will be awarded to a local team that is running a successful business using a truly Agile philosophy. To nominate a team for the Agile San Diego Team Excellence Award, submit a completed nomination form. Write a short paragraph about your methods in each of the categories; Business Value, Culture, Customer & Technical.
The Agilist of the Year award recognizes an influential individual that has made an impact on our community in the past year. To submit a nomination (for yourself or someone else), please describe the individual’s contribution to the San Diego Agile community and why you find it to be important. Possible reasons a person may be nominated include, but are not limited to, spreading Agile ideas/philosophy, guiding/growing the local community, educating others in Agile-related topics, and advocating Agile practices. Submissions can be as short as a few sentences and should not exceed 1,000 words.
The winning team and individual will be announced at Scrum Day San Deigo on June 17th 2016. Email nominations to email@example.com
- All entrants must be residents of San Diego County for the year they are nominated.
- Entries should be based on experiences that occurred between January 1st and December 31st of the previous year (2015).
- The nomination period will be through May 31st 2016.
- Self-nomination is allowed for both awards.
- The Agilist of the Year award cannot be given to a member of the Team Excellence award.
- Entrants need not need be associated with Agile San Diego.
- Award Committee members are not eligible to enter.
- Entrants for the team award will be judged in 4 categories; Business Value, Culture, Customer & Technical.
2010 Agilist of the Year: no winner
2011 Agilist of the Year: Alline Oliveira
2012 Agile San Diego Team Excellence Award: Drive Current Team
2012 Agilist of the Year: Erik Meade
2013 Agile San Diego Team Excellence Award: Application Development Team at Hunter Industries
2013 Agilist of the Year: Woody Zuill
2014 Agile San Diego Team Excellence Award: The Scrum teams at ID Analytics
2014 Agilist of the Year: Joe Dailey
2015 Agilist of the Year: Paul Wynia